Costco Members can enjoy a discount off our best available rate, plus a daily $25 breakfast credit.
A San Diego Luxury Hotel
Discover Lavish Comfort & Soothing Amenities at Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa
At Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa, we blend charming influences with modern comforts, for a San Diego luxury hotel unlike any other. Feel the warmth within our AAA Four-Diamond Hotel in La Jolla, featuring 10-acres of beautiful rancho-style architecture, 210 elegantly appointed San Diego accommodations, and lush gardens amid Southern California’s temperate climate.
Our 3-story hacienda style hotel in San Diego offers the perfect setting for rest and relaxation. Enjoy the sun-drenched charm and relaxed elegance of Estancia’s La Jolla resort hotel, illuminated with award-winning landscaping of native plants, unique botanical gardens, a heated pool and whirlpool, and plenty of oversized rocking chairs to relax the day away. Estancia guests can also experience complete rejuvenation of mind, body, and soul at our award-winning San Diego hotel spa.
For business guests, Estancia features 26,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space, including 15,500 square feet of state-of-the-art conference facilities, making us Southern California’s premier conference destination. Our San Diego luxury hotel is also conveniently located next to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) and offers an easy drive of San Diego’s Golden Triangle, the Village of La Jolla, and many of San Diego’s world-famous attractions, like SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo. Enjoy our relaxed, rancho-style hotel less than 1 mile from the legendary Torrey Pines Golf Course.
Highlights of Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa:
- Unwind in one of our 210 Guest Rooms and Suites, featuring HD televisions, 350-thread count Italian imported linens, and high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Our La Jolla hotel features 26,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space, including a 15,500 square-foot Learning and Conference Facility.
- Enjoy our newly-remodeled Fitness Center and world-class Spa, recognized by Condé Nast Traveler as one of the top spas in the world in 2012, featuring a eucalyptus steam room, saltwater whirlpool, and indoor and outdoor relaxation areas.
- Savor delectable restaurants and lounges in San Diego, including a Wine Bar and exquisite patio dining reminiscent of a Spanish hacienda.
- Surround yourself with Estancia’s award-winning landscaping of native plants and unique botanical gardens, as well as our saltwater pool and whirlpool for a day or evening retreat. Luxury poolside cabanas are also available.
- Celebrate in our intimate outdoor gardens and elegant indoor spaces, perfect for a romantic San Diego wedding or other grand events.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa invites you to uncover the charming elegance, generous amenities, and Spanish hacienda architecture that have been recognized by Condé Nast Traveler as one of the “Hottest New Hotels of the World.”
Discover our San Diego Luxury Hotel:
Estancia La Jolla Hotel Map
Sprawling nearly 10 acres, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa features 210 Guest Rooms & Suites, 3 restaurants and lounges, The Spa at Estancia, and 26,000 square-feet of indoor and outdoor event space. The materials, architectural design, and furnishings of Estancia La Jolla Hotel are all part of that effort to recapture Southern California’s past.
The History Behind our Award-Winning Hotel in La Jolla
In the late 1940’s, the affluent family named Black purchased a prime parcel of land from the prominent Scripps family in the coastal village of La Jolla. The Blacks soon turned the nearly ten acres into an equestrian estate and training ground for young thoroughbred horses.
Today, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa resides on the same distinguished land of an early California rancho-style setting. A decade in the making, our 210-guest room hotel, world-class spa, and certified conference destination officially opened to guests in the summer of 2004. By May 2005, our San Diego luxury hotel had already achieved the status of one of the “Hottest New Hotels of the World” by Condé Nast Traveler, as well as the coveted “Four-Diamond” rating awarded by AAA.
Conveniently located adjacent to the University of California at San Diego, 14 miles from downtown San Diego, and minutes from celebrated beaches, Torrey Pines Golf Course, and major Southern California attractions, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is a crown jewel of La Jolla, CA.
Inspired by the rich history of the property, Estancia La Jolla Hotel pays homage to the rancho-style architecture and landscape that was first introduced to Southern California in the 1800’s by Spanish Colonizers. Our hotel in La Jolla carefully blends history with nature, including California’s native gardens, a heated pool and spa, and nearly 26,000 square feet of indoor meeting space, as well as a variety of year-round outdoor venues. The materials, architecture, and furnishings of our La Jolla Hotel elegantly recapture Southern California’s past.
Estancia La Jolla offers a relaxed, serene setting that celebrates the idyllic coastal climate for all who visit – families, business travelers, and groups alike. With the warmth of the past and the comfort of modern, discover Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa.
A Premier Green Hotel
Green Practices For A Better Environment
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is dedicated to green practices and programs that pay respect to the environment and lessen our environmental footprint. We’ve followed a specially designed program to maintain and facilitate our hotel’s green initiatives.
A four-diamond hotel and spa, as well as a Green Star Meeting Facility, Estancia La Jolla is committed to the highest standards in green initiatives throughout our property, leisure facilities, and meeting space. From water and electrical energy conservation to recycling and supporting our local community, we take measures that ensure sustainability and respect our beautiful yet sensitive environment.
Hotel Recycling Program:
- All old linens are turned into rags or donated
- A “Reuse Option Program” for guest room towels and linens, allowing guests to choose to reuse their linens and aid our green program
- Old equipment and furniture is donated to charities or salvaged for recycling
- Menus are printed on recycled paper with a minimum of 30% post-consumer recycled content
- Use of low H20 consumption faucets
- Use of 1.6 GPF Ultralow Flow Toilets
- Grounds and garden irrigation uses 100% reclaimed water
- Pool and Spas use saline chlorinating systems
Meeting Room Facilities:
- Recycling stations/bins in all meeting rooms
- Whiteboards available in meeting rooms, instead of flip charts
- Meeting space supplied with paper pads made from 30% post-consumer recycled content
- Recycling and donation procedures are used for unused materials, such as handouts and binders
Lighting and Energy Conservation:
- Guest Room lights are set on motion sensors
- Guest Room thermostats are set at 68 low/78 high
- Elimination of disposable items through use of washable plates, cutlery, glasses, etc.
- Use of washable napkins and table cloths
- 2011 Recycler of the Year Award – From the City of San Diego Environmental Services Department
- 4 Green Key Rating – Green Key Eco-Rating Program (based on 1-5)
Did You Know…
- Estancia’s Associates recycle 5,000 pounds of glass, cardboard, paper, and plastic every month
- Estancia’s used cooking oil is converted into bio-fuel
- Estancia offers water-filtered water systems to our employees and in our meeting rooms
- Estancia buys only sustainable seafood and sources most produce locally within the state
- 100% of Estancia’s landscaping plants are native to southern California
- Estancia is listed as a green hotel with www.istaygreen.org