Don’t let one of San Diego’s best hotel deals pass you by. Reserve your extraordinary autumn vacation today.
About Estancia’s Luxury Hotel in La Jolla
Discover Lavish Comfort & Soothing Amenities at one of San Diego’s Favorite Boutique Hotels
At Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa, we blend charming influences with modern comforts for a San Diego hotel unlike any other. Feel the warmth within our AAA Four-Diamond Hotel in La Jolla, featuring 10-acres of beautiful rancho-style architecture, 210 elegantly appointed San Diego accommodations, and lush gardens amid Southern California’s temperate climate.
Our 3-story hacienda style resort offers the perfect setting for rest and relaxation. Enjoy the sun-drenched charm and relaxed elegance at one of the top boutique hotels in San Diego – illuminated by award-winning landscaping of native plants, unique botanical gardens, a heated saltwater pool and whirlpool, and plenty of oversized rocking chairs to relax the day away. Estancia guests can also experience complete rejuvenation of mind, body, and soul at our La Jolla resort spa – recently renovated and named one of the top spas in the world!
For business guests, Estancia La Jolla features 47,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space, including 22,190 square feet of state-of-the-art conference facilities, making us Southern California’s premier conference destination. Our La Jolla resort is also conveniently located next to the University of California, San Diego (UCSD) and offers an easy drive of San Diego’s Golden Triangle, the Village of La Jolla, and many of San Diego’s world-famous attractions, like SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo. And compared to other La Jolla hotels, guests can truly unwind within our relaxed, rancho-style setting less than 1 mile from the legendary Torrey Pines Golf Course.
Highlights of Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa:
- Unwind in one of our 210 Guest Rooms and Suites, featuring HD televisions, 350-thread count Turkish imported linens, and high-speed Wi-Fi.
- Our La Jolla hotel features 47,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space, including a 12,500 square-foot Learning and Conference Facility.
- Enjoy our newly-remodeled Fitness Center and world-class Spa, featuring a eucalyptus steam room, saltwater whirlpool, and indoor and outdoor relaxation areas.
- Savor delectable restaurants and lounges in San Diego, including a Wine Bar and exquisite patio dining reminiscent of a Spanish hacienda.
- Surround yourself with Estancia’s award-winning landscaping of native plants and unique botanical gardens, as well as our saltwater pool and whirlpool for a day or evening retreat. Luxury poolside cabanas are also available.
- Celebrate in our intimate outdoor gardens and elegant indoor spaces, perfect for a romantic San Diego wedding or other grand events.
Estancia La Jolla Hotel and Spa invites you to uncover the charming elegance, generous amenities, and Spanish hacienda architecture that have been recognized by Condé Nast Traveler as one of the “Hottest New Hotels of the World.”
Discover our San Diego Luxury Hotel:
Estancia La Jolla Hotel Map
Sprawling nearly 10 acres, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa features 210 Guest Rooms & Suites, 3 restaurants and lounges, The Spa at Estancia, and 47,000 square-feet of indoor and outdoor event space. The materials, architectural design, and furnishings of Estancia La Jolla Hotel are all part of that effort to recapture Southern California’s past.
The History Behind our Award-Winning Hotel in La Jolla
In the late 1940’s, the affluent family named Black purchased a prime parcel of land from the prominent Scripps family in the coastal village of La Jolla. The Blacks soon turned the nearly ten acres into an equestrian estate and training ground for young thoroughbred horses.
Today, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa resides on the same distinguished land of an early California rancho-style setting. A decade in the making, our 210-guest room hotel, world-class spa, and certified conference destination officially opened to guests in the summer of 2004. By May 2005, our San Diego luxury hotel had already achieved the status of one of the “Hottest New Hotels of the World” by Condé Nast Traveler, as well as the coveted “Four-Diamond” rating awarded by AAA.
Conveniently located adjacent to the University of California at San Diego, 14 miles from downtown San Diego, and minutes from celebrated beaches, Torrey Pines Golf Course, and major Southern California attractions, Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is a crown jewel of La Jolla, CA.
Inspired by the rich history of the property, Estancia La Jolla Hotel pays homage to the rancho-style architecture and landscape that was first introduced to Southern California in the 1800’s by Spanish Colonizers. Our hotel in La Jolla carefully blends history with nature, including California’s native gardens, a heated pool and spa, and 22,190 square feet of indoor meeting space, as well as a variety of year-round outdoor venues. The materials, architecture, and furnishings of our La Jolla Hotel elegantly recapture Southern California’s past.
Estancia La Jolla offers a relaxed, serene setting that celebrates the idyllic coastal climate for all who visit – families, business travelers, and groups alike. With the warmth of the past and the comfort of modern, discover Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa.
A Premier Green Hotel
Green Practices For A Better Environment
Estancia La Jolla Hotel & Spa is dedicated to green practices and programs that pay respect to the environment and lessen our environmental footprint. We’ve followed a specially designed program to maintain and facilitate our hotel’s green initiatives.A four-diamond hotel and spa, as well as a Green Star Meeting Facility, Estancia La Jolla is committed to the highest standards in green initiatives throughout our property, leisure facilities, and meeting space. From water and electrical energy conservation to recycling and supporting our local community, we take measures that ensure sustainability and respect our beautiful yet sensitive environment.
• Guest room towels and linen on a daily voluntary re-use option program as directed by guests
• Gently used soaps and bottled amenities collected and recycled via Clean the World program
• All guest rooms retrofitted to 11 w LED and bathrooms retrofitted to 7 w LED MR-16
• Guest room thermostats set at 70 degrees low, 78 degrees high
• Light motion sensors in all guest room closets
• Ultralow Flow toilets in guest rooms at 1.2 – 1.6 Gallons Per Flush (GPF)
• Natural Gas hot water heater systems on non-peak demand temperature reduction
• Recycling bin in all guest rooms
• Six level-2 electric vehicle charging stations are available to guests and patrons, including four Tesla Wall Connectors, up to 40-amps and two universal J-1772 stations, up to 32-amps.
• La Jolla Ballroom features 7w LED for the ceiling lighting, sconces, and chandeliers are LED bulbs
• Majority of public area lights are 11 w LED
• Majority of meeting spaces use energy star T-8 lights
• Whiteboards available in meeting rooms, instead of flip charts
• Recycling stations/bins in all meeting rooms
• Use of washable napkins and table cloths
• Public restrooms have low water consumption faucets
• Pool and spas use saline chlorinating systems
• Light motion sensors in ice machine rooms
• Two filtered drinking water systems in Learning Center to refill bottles
• Reverse filtered drinking water system in Fitness Center to refill bottles
• Irrigation is 100% reclaimed water
• Irrigation is turned off on rainy days
• Majority of exterior plant life is low water required succulents
• 100% of removed greenery is recycled into mulch
• Watering of property is on time clocks and done manually for maximum efficiency
• Energy management system for HVAC control 24/7/365
• Variable Frequency Drives (VFD’s) on majority of large HVAC systems
Back of the House:
• Engineer on duty conducts energy savings walks daily during each shift
• Preventive maintenance on all equipment performed regularly for maximum efficiency
• Kitchen cooking grease is reclaimed and recycled into Bio-Fuel
• All cardboard, glass, fluorescent bulbs, batteries, copper, brass, and aluminum properly recycled
• Light motion sensors in all storage areas and office spaces
• Majority of office space uses energy star T-8 lights
• All kitchen walk-in freezers and refrigerators have vinyl curtains
• All departments utilize paper recycling program
• Elimination of disposable items through use of washable plates, cutlery, glasses, etc.
• Filtered drinking water systems in (6) office areas for associates to refill bottles
• Old equipment and furniture is donated to charities or salvaged for recycling
• Old linen is turned into rags, or donated to local charities
• Hazardous waste removed annually
- 2011 Recycler of the Year Award – From the City of San Diego Environmental Services Department
- 4 Green Key Rating – Green Key Eco-Rating Program (based on 1-5)
- Estancia is listed as a green hotel with www.istaygreen.org